Thursday, October 2, 2008

You bet I'm up!

Mary Green of Big Lots in Yucaipa, CA reported, "There were shampoo bottles flying at me from every direction. Guess we're putting them in the clearance bin."

Okay seriously, Jay made me use this pic. She could be Mary Green...who knows. Work with my creativity people. Thank you Google image search.

Yes, for all of you who know me...

It is 2:54 am and I am sitting awake in bed reading the earthquake report on the jolt that just caused me to jump out of bed and wake my sleeping daughter. Alec slept through it (as usual) and I assumed Miles was safe in his crib (makeshift steel cage?) Jay, are you home?

The horses were making scary noises.
Gizmo and Gidget, our faithful guard dogs (ha-ha actually fat, lazy weiner dogs) slept right through it.

Jay was just reminded that I'm crazy and has called me a midwesterner.

Texas anyone?

I do not heart earthquakes.

And yes...I know if was only a 4.1 but it WAS centered 6 miles NE of Yucaipa. Seriously people, seriously.

Tomorrow brings updating emergency kits...fun. Jay is praying that he gets called to work to avoid the insanity.

2 comments:

xoxo, Kari said...

Ahahaha. You and Tommy are so much alike when it comes to earthquakes. You guys did the same exact thing this morning ;) Love you!!!

Amanda said...

You can put me in the dog category, I slept right through it! We don't call it the compound for nothin'!