Friday, October 24, 2008

A little laundry

As I was frantically trying to get everyone out the door today, I stumbled over a full laundry basket that had been strategically placed in front of the door opening to the garage.

"ALEC!!!! Is this where the dirty laundry goes?! I'm going to kill myself tripping over it!!!" (etc., etc...of course I went on and on)

(Maybe I didn't use enough exclamation points?) Alec came running in telling me that he didn't put it there. (Should I believe him...he is twelve.) What the heck is going on? Did I put it there in one of my baby brain, delirious, moments of insanity? As I sat there trying to get it out of the way in walks my precious baby girl.

"Mama! Don't you move my basket! I have to do the laundry!!!"

My sweet daughter had gathered all of the dirty laundry from everyone's bedrooms, filled the basket and pushed it as far as it could go...the door leading to the garage (where the washer and dryer are.)

"Mommy, please open the door...I need to start awashing my clothes."

Have I also told you that she has developed a bit of a southern twang?

I love you sweet La-La.

Oh, I almost forgot...yes, Jay got the stomach flu and let's just say he is...um, bitter.

No comments: