Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cell phone madness


As some of you may remember I dropped my phone in the bath tub earlier this week during the stomach flu saga. I thought that it had survived as it turned on and I was able to make calls. Yeah...not so much.


For the last few days if you have had the privilege of talking on the phone with me I sound like: a) I'm in a tunnel

b) I'm surfing North Shore

c) My freakin' phone was dropped in the water and now it doesn't work


So today we ventured to Verizon to remedy the situation. Jay had to go with me because of course I am not the "primary" account holder and they had to be sure I was legit. I walked in defensive and ready to for battle. I, among many other people have a very bad history with cell phone companies. I usually get the runaround and end up forking over way too much cash to get a phone replaced. After handing the phone over to "Howard" and explaining that my friends are going to start blocking my calls unless I get this fixed he begins to look up our "history" on his computer. Thoughts begin running through my head as I prepare for war. He glances up, smiles (wow!), and says, "No problem your phone is still under warranty and we will gladly replace it for a new one today at no charge." OH MY GOSH!!! I nearly jumped across the counter to kiss him on his big, greasy forehead. Thank you Verizon and bless you dear Howard!


Okay people...let's run up those minutes, I'm available to chat.

4 comments:

xoxo, Kari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
xoxo, Kari said...

Of course I would find it hilarious that the picture of the phone says April 20th or 4-20. Yep..only me.

PS. So glad I don't have to say huh so many times when talking to you now

Amanda said...

Wow, what a concept. Now me on the other hand am not aloud to drop my phone in water anymore. I guess you can only do it 2 times a year and then they yank your insurance. Whatever!

with love, the fishers said...

thank god for warranties. they definitely come in handy.
yay for new phones!