Monday, November 17, 2008

Thankful

We make it a big deal to have family dinner together on the nights that Pop is home from work. Sophie and I make dinner and she sets the table while Bubba gets the beverage of choice for each person. Pork Chop usually crawls around the kitchen begging for food (so sad...he really is a baby not an animal).

Once the food has been served we go around and share stories about our day and what we are thankful for. We try to take turns saying grace but Sophie always seems to add a little bit to whomever is praying. She always thanks "Shesus" for bringing Daddy home safe from the Choo-choo train. (I do too.)

These are the moments that tickle my heart. I am so thankful to be a wife and mother. There are moments throughout my day that become frustrating and troublesome but I truly look forward to dinner as a family when I can sit in my chair, take a deep breath and be thankful for our family, our meal and all that God has blessed us with.

I adore the nights when I know that Pop will be home. I love that my stomach still flutters in anticipation of his arrival after being without him for 3 days. I love that we make each other laugh until our chubby cheeks ache. I love that he knows my mind, body and soul. He knows when I hurt and when I need that extra hug. I love that he can walk in the door and make me fall in love all over again. I love him profusely and I am so thankful for him.

1 comment:

xoxo, Kari said...

I love those moments with the hubby.