Friday, April 3, 2009

Welcome Sweet Madeline

Yesterday I spent the entire day at a homebirth. I got called at about 6:30 am and I was off. I arrived at the mother's home and we realized that she was still in early labor so we enjoyed some time visiting and getting a bite to eat. The morning seemed to progress fairly quickly and by 1:35 pm we welcomed Madeline into this world. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches long. Mom did an amazing job as this was her first homebirth and her third child! "Daytime" births are a nice welcome as the majority of our babies are born at night. Mom and baby are doing great and I am absolutely ecstatic for their family.


She was sooo alert and kept looking around to see who was there.




Look at those huge feet!

This is how we weigh the babies.

"The Midwives" and baby Madeline

No comments: