Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Morning

I love our church!!! The kids love going and I love the friendships that I have made over the last 6 months. This morning was a little hectic getting everyone out of the house with combed hair and matching clothes but we managed. The minute I set foot in church all of my stress disappeared. It was so nice to walk in and be greeted with familiar faces, hugs and of course COFFEE!!! ( a definite must!) It was our church's one year anniversary and some of our members put together a beautiful slide show documenting our year of growth. I sat back and thanked God again for bringing me to Solid Ground. I looked around at the friends sitting near me and realized that this is a great "home" for our family. I also had a great surprise about 45 minutes into the service when my husband walked in after being on a train since 2 o'clock in the morning. He smelled of train oil and dirt and still had his work boots on, but he was there. Today was a perfect Sunday.

2 comments:

The Barefoot Mama said...

Oh Jen, I got tears in my eyes when I read your post! I continue to pray for your entire family as you find your home at Solid Ground. Love you Friend, Heather

Wendy said...

We love you too Jen! You are part of our family.